Tuesday, November 13, 2012

One man's stand against moochocracy


The worrisome thing about loathing feudalism & all that royalty crap is the possibility you’ll mature into a crank. If we can’t see capitalism ended, we’d at least like to see feudalism finally hit the skids. But since it appears to many of us that feudalism will indeed outlive us, we get cranky, our denunciations become more vituperative, & we start muttering “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” under our breathes.

Sam Bracanov, a 76-year-old anti-monarchist (we prefer to call ourselves republicans) from Auckland, New Zealand has unfortunately gone down that road already. He was arrested today & charged with scheming to throw horse manure at CCCCharlie & CCCCamilla who are touring as part of that damn jubilee thing. “I make it liquid--like porridge,” Sam told reporters. "I would have done it.” Our man was previously convicted & fined during a visit in 1994 for spraying air fresheners at CCCCharlie to “remove the stink of royalty.” What’s not to love about Sam!?

Horse manure would be my projectile of choice too--& that of all peace-loving republicans-- although I’m squeamish & wouldn’t actually deploy it. I certainly wouldn’t cook it first. But Sam lives under Betty's rule, is several years older than me & a life-time of indignation hasn’t yet weakened the damn moochocracy. He’s an angry man. I salute him for his republicanism but hope to hell I cope a little better with my mortality in the face of continued moochocracy. (Photo of Sam by Michael Bradley/AFP/Getty Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment